Partial complex seizures/predilection for aneurysms

When I was diagnosed with a “lesion” on my brain, I’d been having complex partial seizures for about a year before. The neurologist did not know what was causing them, but treated them with the drug Carbamazepine, which stopped the seizures in their tracks. This was a relief because at the time I was having as many as five seizures a day. These were small seizures which I was calling “weird attacks” but the effects were devastating. When the seizures occurred, I felt like a visitor from another planet and alone in this world. I had read that seizures from the frontal lobe of the brain had these weird effects, and were often accompanied by illusions. After a seizure, I was confused and depressed. One of my brothers, who had both type one diabetes and epilepsy, had occasional grand mal seizures, and his symptoms were similar to mine, but more serious. Finally, at my insistence, my neurologists sent me for an MRI, which had recently become available at my city’s university medical school. This scan revealed an unreturned giant aneurysm on the right middle cerebral artery. This was corrected by clipping during a craniotomy surgery. I had complications caused by a cerebral spinal fluid leak that kept me in the hospital for five weeks. After the surgery I did not experience any more seizures, but the doctors kept me on the carbamazepine, because of scar tissue from the surgery. Later, in 2008, I was found to have aortic and iliac aneurysms, which were repaired by endovascular graft. I expect that this predilection for aneurysms will show up again, and may eventually kill me. But I am 74 now, and have luckily, with God’s help, escaped twice, and have reached a good age.