This Thanksgiving, I'm Thankful For

In America, this Thursday is Thanksgiving. We spend the day thinking about what we are grateful for and also eating a lot of turkey and pie. :)

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion on what we're all thankful for. I'll get it going:

I'm thankful that my wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa, accepted my marriage proposal last weekend. We're all smiles here. :)

I'm also thankful that this community exists and helps so many people. We started Ben's Friends (www.bensfriends.org) 6 years ago and now over 80,000 patients and loved ones visit all 35 sites every month. It's truly a little Internet miracle.

I'm grateful for the community, the friendships and especially thankful that the volunteer moderators donate so much of their time to help others. Thank You Mods!

Ok, that's what I'm thankful for. How about you? Let us know below.

Scott

Happy Thanksgiving Scott and to all of the Bens Friends Family.

I am so grateful for all of you, whether or not we've crossed paths here already or not. You all validate me and that is huge. Gods Blessings to you and yours!

This Thanksgiving is one that we(my family) will be smiling at the table in comparison to last years where my Son Patrick was able to singlehandedly bring us all down. He had been the victim of a hit and run, pedestrian vs. vehicle at @ 60 mph.

And while the rest of us were so grateful to even have him home/alive, the sadness over what this crime had taken from him had him devastated and plain and simple...he wished he hadn't survived.

This year even he says this one will be so special for him because he see's the blessings and though he has a long recovery still ahead of him, he looks at it with joy...he's alive, he has his legs, he can walk.

I am so grateful for my amazing family. My Mother made it through a leg amputation and is thriving at 85 years old. My younger Sister is still here with us after almost losing her to deadly anemia with a hemoglobin of 2.2. She is sitting right here next to me while I write this. My family is healthy, we're all warm and toasty up on this snowy hill thanks to an outdoor wood-burner that we saved and scrimped for thus cutting our ties to the high cost of propane! Huge!

So many more, so many blessings! My heart is full and I feel loved...I pray Thanksgiving is one of joy, for you and yours...and that you "feel the love" as well.

I'm attaching, for those of your that have sunny Holidays, a picture of the snowy woods that is our yard...enjoy!

PeacenLove~Always~Laurel

12-102_0013.JPG (979 KB)

Such a beautiful thought Laurel. Made my night!

Thank you Scott...I'm so glad. I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Always~Laurel
Scott Orn said:

Such a beautiful thought Laurel. Made my night!